Welcome

Welcome To Our Blog!!



We are 7 Douglas College students traveling to Uganda, Africa to complete our practicums in Community Social Service Worker, Co-occurring Disorders, Early Childhood Education and Therapeutic Recreation. Our journey has been underway for a while but our flights officially leave Vancouver on April 13th 2011. This blog is a record of our experiences. Thank you all for your continued support and interest.

Thursday 31 March 2011

childhood dream about to be fulfilled.... (Lorna)

It is really starting to freak me out....that this dream Ive had for as long as I can remember - is about to become a reality!! I keep thinking it is a dream...or that something will happen to change it...and maybe a few things could have caused me to do so but NO!! This is for REAL and I must go forward!! In less than 2 weeks, I will be in Africa - UGANDA to be exact - and I will have fulfilled a dream Ive had for over 40 years (yes, I'm aging myself) but - WOW~!! You see, if you believe - and work hard, and truly know that it is destiny....it can be a reality - in the words of one of my favourite quotes from Winston Churchill, “Never, never, never, never give up.”

6 comments: